Monday Night Wine Club

This blog is a record of our monthly meetings.


Saturday 14 May 2011

Giordano Collection Primitivo di Manduria 2008

TUESDAY MAY 3rd 2011 (Pt. 7 of 7)

Song 'Alpha-Forever Young' by Jay-Z

Giordano Collection Primitivo di Manduria 2008
Puglia, Italy.

Nose & Bouquet
"Black cherry" "Figs" "Tobacco" "Canoeing in the summer"

Taste & Structure
"Very bold" "No tannins" "Prunes" "Sweet bread" "Metal and tin" "Very leggy"

Finish
"Short" "After 7 bottles, they all work the same"

L.S. "I can't buy Lady Gaga on vinyl"
N.A. "Why?"
L.S. "They'll judge me"
K.A. "They work in a record shop"
L.S. "I know, they're cool man!"

Song 'The Lazy Song' by Bruno Mars & Willow Smith

L.S. (to A.D.M.) "This is the 'today I don't feel like doing anything' song I told you about.

Song 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air' by Will Smith

Unknown "Your mom loves Bruno Mars"
Unknown "Your mom's name is Bruno?"

At this point, it appears everyone in the room with the exception of N.A., A.D.M. and A.V. have been twittering at or about each other and it now becomes clear in 'the real world' that people have caught on/read the tweets to others/about them. A twitter fight breaks out.

T.B. "Gimme that back!"

Song 'Look at me now' by Chris Brown

N.A. "Are you guys talking on twitter instead of in person?"

Song 'I wanna see you tonight' by Chris Brown
Song 'All of the lights' by Kanye West

N.A. "Let's take a cab, I can't walk to the streetcar"
M.S. "It's under 10 minutes"
N.A. "Ya, but once you get there you don't know how long until it comes"
L.S. "That's what she said"
L.S. or N.A. "Fur real. Can you write that? 'Fur real'"

Unknown "Fur Real Friends is an animal that acts like a real one - my friend's kid named her's Crystal"
Unknown "That's a stripper name. How does she know that name?"

Song 'Notorious' by Biggie Smalls
Song 'Drop it like it's hot' Snoop Dogg feat. Pharrell Williams

Unknown "2 p's"
Unknown "I didn't actually pull my groin, actually"

1 out of 7 (A.D.M.) definitely LOVED this wine.
It is unknown how many liked this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment