Monday Night Wine Club

This blog is a record of our monthly meetings.


Tuesday 2 August 2011

Midnight Monday E-mail to Mike about the Bottle He Bought Me.

Mike bought me a great bottle for my birthday a few years back. I've got a note out to him on the details of that bottle. I remember it was Kosher and fantastic. Here's what I e-mailed him at midnight the night I drank it. Alone. It's an oldie, but goodie.


'mike, i'm drinking your bottle alone as i said i would. i am thinking about how one actually becomes a writer with no income, no guarantees, etc. but this wine deserves a review, it's very good. so here it goes. i don't read reviews but i know a little lingo. it's smooth, at the start it's very playful. actually, it's quite the tease. man, does it have legs! it's dark berry or cherry for sure, I think, but really i taste that it's earthy. hazelnut. it's calm at the centre of the storm. spikey on the finish. i'm on glass #3 and it feels like an old friend. it's that kind of heavy feeling, the weight from the years and obligation, like it knows all your secrets and failures, but still has that surprise kick you like so much and so it makes you want to keep it around for a while.' [sic]



No comments:

Post a Comment