Monday Night Wine Club

This blog is a record of our monthly meetings.


Saturday 14 May 2011

Citra Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2009

TUESDAY MAY 3rd 2011 (Pt. 5 of 7)

Album 'Interpreting the Masters, Volume 1: A Tribute to Daryl Hall & John Oates'
by The Bird and The Bee (iTunes)

Citra Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2009
Abruzzo, Italy.

Nose & Bouquet
"Sweet" "Spicy" "Juicy"

Taste & Structure
"Tart" "Sweet" "Fruity" "Pepper" "Plums"

Finish
"Long" "Medium" "Medium to Long"

T.B. "It's making my mouth water. It's tart"
N.A. "You said that on the last one"
K.A. "Maybe you have a very limited vocabulary"
N.A. (to A.D.M.) "Are you still drinking the last one?"
A.D.M. "This one isn't going to be the same"
L.S. "It's like when I told Judy about the Judy Reviews. It's not the same now"
M.S. "Who's Judy"
L.S. "My mom"
M.S. "You reviewed your mother!?"
A.V. "Thesauri 'tart' for T.B."

L.S. googles for a thesaurus online.

L.S. "Short, sharp, harsh, nasty...it's like you A.V., scathing, snippy, snappy...it's got you pegged!"
A.V. "Does someone want to start a dating page for me?"
M.S./K.A. "We vote L.S. off the island"
L.S. "Hey!"
M.S./K.A. "You can still earn your spot back"
A.V. "If you eat ALL the cheese - in 3 minutes! Go!"
N.A. "I'll do it for her!"

K.A. "Who said 'totes magotes'?"
L.S. "These two said it first. They met Jason Segel at the premiere"
A.D.M. "I was going to raise my hand and say that A.V. was recently dumped just as badly and that she's desperate and would he like to go out with her"
Unknown "That's so sad"
A.V. "I'm the oldest"
N.A. "L.S. is pretty old"
A.D.M. "Have we rated this one yet?"
A.V. "Rated? Or berated?"

T.B. "I know this bread. It's Ukranian"
A.D.M. "You said you were Canadian back there"
K.A. "You said you were German. You can't say German if they just lived there"
T.B. "They were born in the Ukraine but lived most of the time in Germany"
K.A. "You can't say you're German if you just lived there"
T.B. "They were just born in Ukraine. They didn't live there"
K.A. "You've been living a lie"

There is some discussion of the website "Baby: Hot or Not" or this is a discussion as to whether the new album by Jagged Edge 'My Baby' is Hot or Not. It is unclear.

L.S. "Tell her M.S. says 'mmm sweet'. My line is 'so sweet'"
N.A. "I can't talk, ADM is not here"
K.A. "You like controlling things"
L.S. "Honest, I'm a humanist"
(Note to reader: Unclear whether it was 'humanist' or something else with an 'h')
N.A. "Let's smell!"
A.V. "It's spicy. Is that a word?"
N.A. "That's not listed in the flavours"
T.B. "It's melon-y"
K.A. "Which one is orange?"
T.B. "Cantaloupe"
K.A. "I hate cantaloupe"
L.S. "Cantaloupe is the filler and Honeydew is the delicious one"
N.A. "They are both filler"
A.V. "In Japan it's $48 for a cantaloupe because it's the aesthetically pleasing one"
L.S. "We should be exporting them to Japan"
A.V. "Don't say import/export around A.D.M."

N.A. "I wanna wear a fake tattoo sleeves top"
A.V. "This wine is making me sneeze"
N. A. "You know what confuses me? That I don't know what your real last name is"
A.D.M. "Who likes this wine?"
A.V. "I like it"
L.S. "Oh, I forgot and started chugging it"
N.A. "I don't think it's complex enough for me"

Chaos.

K.A. "The XC60 is as fruity as this wine"
L.S. (to N.A.) "What's your name again?"
N.A. "N.A."
L.S. "N.A. wants to know why you only have one wing tattoo"

The next note is a picture - it is a pumpkin with a face with bubble cheeks and a Euro happy face nose as well as stem & leaves on top of it's head. It says A.V.'s face next to it.

T.B. "It doesn't matter if you model if you smell bad"
K.A. "I remember that guy. He was a really great dad"
T.B. "You don't know that"
N.A. "I thought you were going to say, nevermind we're not allowed to say what I was going to say"

It appeared that at least 3/7 liked this wine.

Please comment below if you have tasted this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment