Monday Night Wine Club

This blog is a record of our monthly meetings.


Thursday 17 March 2011

Vincent Raimbault Bel Air Vouvray 2008

MONDAY MARCH 14th 2011 (Pt. 4 of 4)

Album: "Boxer" by The National (vinyl)

Vincent Raimbault Bel Air Vouvray 2008
Loire, France.

L.S. reads the tasting notes retrieved using Google. When she reads "for bone-dry-heads, this is it" there are a few comments from members of the group (A.V. "You're a bone-dry-head.") and when she reads "muscle and sinew" A.D.M. points out muscle and sinew groups on the giant, anatomically correct medical drawing of a man with no skin hanging on L.S.'s dining room wall.

A.V. refuses to "drink the innards" but gives the bottle a 10/10 because she likes the "fleur de lis."
Note from A.D.M.: From this point on in my notes, I referred to T.B. as "Amy."

Nose & Bouquet
"Acid" "Vomit - too fresh in my memory" "Squash" "Vibrant" "Musky" "Floral"

Taste & Structure
"Racy" "Sweet" "For bone-dry-heads" "Tart" "Actually not bad" "White grapefruit" "No, white cranberry juice"

Finish
Note from A.D.M.: For reasons unknown, I failed to record notes on the finish.

In detail
A.V. "I don't like whites."
T.B. "Are you racist?"
L.S. "You never saw Jerry Maguire?"
A.V. "We're both wearing denim tuxedos."
A.V. "We don't get cable but if I could get just one channel, I'd get The Kardashians."
L.S. "No, I did not tell you but you enjoyed it."
A.V. "I did enjoy it."
N.A. "What?"
L.S. "I told her my grandma was smuggled out of Poland in that box."

Album: "House Built Around Your (illegible) Edmonton to Purgatory" by The Darcy's (8 inch)
Album: "Islands in the Stream" by The Constantines and Feist (8 inch)
Album: "Pink Friday" by Nicki Menage (aka Minaj)
Album: "Plundered my Soul" by Rolling Stones (limited edition 8 inch)
Album: "Greatest Hits" by Bob Dylan (vinyl)
Album: "Suburbs" by Arcade Fire (vinyl)

L.S. "It's good that it's Monday. By tomorrow it's Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday..."

Meeting was adjourned somewhere between 12.50 and 1.30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment