Monday Night Wine Club

This blog is a record of our monthly meetings.


Thursday 17 March 2011

Anne Boecklin Reserve Pinot Noir 2008

MONDAY MARCH 14th 2011 (Pt. 3 of 4)

Album: "Sigh No More" by Mumford & Sons (vinyl)

Anne Boecklin Reserve Pinot Noir 2008
Alsace, France.

L.S. reads the tasting notes retrieved using Google. She quotes that it has a ruby red "robe," is perfect with game or cheese, and is 100% hand-picked.
T.B. "Usually everything's hand-picked by Mexicans. Love Mexicans."
A.V. "Botitas. Botitas."

N.A. "We shoulda done this one first."

Nose & Bouquet
"Very light" "Citrus" "Blood Orange" "Strawberries"

N.A. "I hate it already."
A.V. "I hate it too."
L.S. "That is not for all of us. I love how this looks. Write that down."

Taste & Structure
"Fizzy" "Water juice" "Watermelon" "Carbonated!" "That's what I said" "High Five!" "Look at my elbow!"

Finish
L.S. "I don't love it."

In detail
T.B. "It's strawberry front notes."
N.A. "Pork tenderloin I see, but not red meat."
L.S. "Medaille d'argent 2009 Grand Concours des Vins D'Alsace."
A.V. "Does 'argent' mean silver or money?"
A.D.M. "Both."
A.V. "French is the most limited language."
A.D.M. "The original hard currency was silver, so that's probably where it's from."
A.V. "I read that French is a limited language."
N.A. "I taste cheese. I need to stop eating this cheese."
A.D.M. "I've been to Colmar."
T.B. "Too light."
A.V. "Wait, you were saying about when you met Lamar."
N.A. "I hate it."
A.V. "It tastes like you make sangria out of it."
A.D.M. "What's 'botitas'?"
L.S. "You mean who is Botitas?"
A.D.M. "Who is Botitas?"
L.S. "Botitas was Mexican. He always wore boots and gave us cigarettes that had little boots cut out of the filters."
N.A. "I can't believe this was more expensive than the others."
L.S. "It was?"
T.B. "This one was $17.95"
L.S. "Jerk balls!"

General group discussion includes: pros and cons of the Diva Cup vs. no name Isreali tampons, how Guinness helps new moms get iron and rest, how bar soap gets oil stains out, how no one ever says what having a baby is really like.

0/5 like this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment