Monday Night Wine Club

This blog is a record of our monthly meetings.


Friday 6 May 2011

La Gironda La Gena Barbera D'asti 2006

TUESDAY MAY 3rd 2011 (Pt. 2 of 7)

Album 'Weekend in the City' by Block Party (iTunes)

La Gironda La Gena Barbera D'asti 2006
Piedmont, Italy.

Nose & Bouquet
"Leathery" "Blackberry" "Deep Ruby"

Taste & Structure
"Smooth" "Vinegar" "Apple Cider Vinegar" "Tart"

Finish
"I really like it" "Medium"

K.A. "I'm beyond shampoo. I buy Aveda grooming cream"
T.B. "You mean shaving cream"
M.S. "Is it a paste?"
K.A. "It says c-r-e-a-m"
M.S. "This wine smells much differently"
T.B. "Smells"
M.S. "It's leggy. You can really see it"

A.V. changes the song to 'Dominic, The Italian Christmas Donkey Song' on YouTube.

L.S. "Salute!" (hee-haw, hee-haw in the background)
T.B. "Can we start sharing?"
L.S. "I'm not going to this time. I don't know anything"
M.S. "It tastes cheap. It tastes like it was recommended and not discovered"
K.A. "It tastes like fish & chips"
A.V. "It's a 2012! 2012!"
L.S. "It's a 2006, you bastards"
Unknown "It's not even 2012!"
L.S. "Guys, this is a fancy bottle"
Unknown "Are you being serious? You - " (Note cuts off)
T.B. "I think it's like a relish. Like a balsamic vinegar relish. It's relish-y"
L.S. "Stop saying relish"
T.B. "A fruity relish, a strong fruity relish. What's the alcohol?"
L.S. "75%"
A.V. "WOAH! It's usually 12%"
L.S. "It's 13.5%, you alcoholic. And I was looking to you for support, by the way"

A.D.M. "We're lacking in structure, guys. You gotta tell me what you think: Nose, Taste, Finish, guys. Nose, Taste, Finish"
K.A. "Nose is sweaty taint
L.S. "Don't listen to him"
M.S. "Do NOT write that down"
A.V. "I can't smell"
A.D.M. "What's going on with your face?"
A.V. "I think I'm allergic to this one"
M.S. "Honestly, do not write down what K.A. said"
L.S. "You can not speak to the blog. The blog speaks for you"
T.B. "I definitely taste blackberries"
A.V. "We have blackberries!"
M.S. "Is this ruby red? It's really dark in here"
A.V. "Leave the lights!"
T.B. "Are my lips purple yet?"
L.S. "You're only asking because you looked at mine, so mine are"
T.B. "This one's tart"
N.A. "I really like this one. It's better than the other one"
Unknown "I caught that just as I was swallowing"
Unknown "That's what she said"

It is unclear how many out of 7 like this wine.

Please comment below if you have tasted this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment