Monday Night Wine Club

This blog is a record of our monthly meetings.


Thursday 13 October 2011

Pascual Toso Limited Edition Malbec 2009

Film 'Whatever Works' by Woody Allen (same vintage)

Pascual Toso 2009 Limited Edition Malbec
Mendoza, Argentina

"My story is whatever works. You know, as long as you don't hurt anybody. Any way you can filch a little joy in this cruel, dog-eat-dog, pointless black chaos."

ADM alone. Again.

Nose & Bouquet
Ripe plums, Vanilla, Dark Ruby/Burgundy

Taste & Structure
Super soft tannins, plums and dark cherry

Finish
Long oak/smoke finish

This bottle is so fantastic that I wish it was $5 cheaper so I could drink more of it. The fates have priced it just out of my budget, keeping me honest. Luckily, films from the library are still free of charge if you return them on time. Thank you Goldhawk Park for sending this DVD to my local. This wine is nicely paired and balanced with anything starring Larry David.

Who needs food with wine like this? Anorexics take note. I'm inspired to live daily on whatever number of calories are in this bottle.

4.5 out of 5. And this film is rated the same way all Woody Allen films (especially dialogue) are rated (5 out of 5). 

No comments:

Post a Comment