Monday Night Wine Club

This blog is a record of our monthly meetings.


Tuesday 10 May 2011

Bersano Costalunga Barbera D'asti 2008

TUESDAY MAY 3rd (Pt. 4 of 7)

Album 'London Calling' by The Clash

Bersano Costalunga Barbera D'asti 2008 "The Super 'B'"
Piedmont, Italy.

Nose & Bouquet
"Very tangy" "Spicy" "Picante" "Chipotle" "Nutmeg" "I like a spicy nut"

Taste & Structure
"Pepper" "Burnt sweater" "Balanced acidity" "Bold" "Sweet"

Finish
"Smooth"

Unknown "I taste terra firma" "Reminds me of my cottage" "The bottle is embossed"
K.A. "This and the last one were the best so far"
M.S. "I spilt!"
T.B. "I piddled a little already"
L.S. (to A.V.) "Are you bbm'ing? No bbm'ing. First rule of wine club is you don't (mumble, trails off)
T.B. "$12"
L.S. "$11.95 or $12.95?"
T.B. "$11.95"
L.S. "Get out of here"

Album 'Suburbs' by Arcade Fire

A.V. commandeers the notebook for a full hour.

The notes read:

Dear Diary,

Today I went to wine club and *& and ^% made fun of me. Then I got drunk. My nose is stuffed and I'm full of cheese. I don't understand what people are talking about at wine club OR (original emphasis) at book club. I'm sleepy. I'm 31 years old (last sentence added) Good night, A.V.

The notes then take an aggressive stance on artistic license over what was said and then end in a depressing self portrait with a reindeer.

11.13 PM A.V. taps out and retires to her bedroom.

7 out of 7 like this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment